Comment on page
Now that we are all WFH, some remote video meetings tips:
- Try to use a microphone
- Turn on your webcam
- Let's be comfortable with everyone in their home clothes and no makeup. No judgement here~
- Check your microphone source is correct
- Mine sometimes messes up when I connect/disconnect to my webcam/mic
- Join meetings a bit early (mute your audio/video, lower your volume) so that you don't miss a meeting.
- Also drop the URL in a slack channel so that other people can easily join
- Ask people to join early as well, so that you can socialize as well
- In a meeting, and no one there? When pinging people, drop the URL in the message
- Have a recurring meeting? Use a slackbot reminder to send the meeting URL early to a meeting
/remind #channel "Standup $URL" at 10.55am every Monday
- Can't hear someone? Try to use visual cues to get their attention (thumbs up/ thumbs down)
- Waiting for people?
- Use a timer, and share it on screen so that everyone is in sync, an overlay would be nice
Any other tips/suggestions I missed out?